This article will discuss such fish as haddock, its
basic characteristics and useful properties. And also whether
Haddock is a type of fish that lives in the sea.
It belongs to the family Treskovye. Seas in which haddock usually
lives and multiplies, are in the Arctic and
Atlantic Ocean. In our area, such a fish is not often seen
as she lives in more salty waters. But less popular from
This she did not, because the benefits of haddock are valued by many
Haddock can reach about half a meter in length. Exemplary
the weight of an average individual is three kilograms, but not
It is rare to find fish with high weight (up to 20 kg) and length
(more than 1 meter). The fish itself is flat, its back is grayish.
colors with a purple hue. The belly has silver or white
color, and on the sides is a horizontal line of dark color.
The main feature of this fish is the dark spot under the greatest
fin, which is located on the back. Top jaw bit
stands forward in comparison with the lower part.
Habitat – shallow water on the continents depth
about two hundred meters. Eat haddock caviar, fry,
shellfish and other small marine prey. This fish is
environmentally friendly because it does not accumulate mercury.
Haddock growth has been occurring for 15 years. Height and length of individuals
depend on the conditions in which they lived.
What is haddock rich in?
The benefit of haddock is that it is saturated with such
● polyunsaturated fatty acids (including Omega-3);
Vitamins, which has haddock in its composition:
● Vitamin A (retinol);
● Vitamin B1 (thiamine);
● Vitamin B2 (riboflavin);
● vitamin PP (niacin);
● Vitamin C (ascorbic acid);
● Vitamin E (tocopherol).
The energy value of products per 100 grams is:
• 17.2 grams of proteins;
• 0.2 grams of fat;
• 0.1 grams of carbohydrates.
Caloric Haddock per hundred grams is 70 kcal.
Details about the benefits of haddock
Максимальную пользу организм получит, если use рыбу
beneficial trace elements and substances:
1. Selenium normalizes the functional processes of the thyroid gland
secretion, the gastrointestinal tract, is the prevention to
cancers. Also selenium has anti-aging properties,
thanks to the destruction of some particles that have
disruptive effects on new cells.
2. Bromine regulates the central nervous system,
thyroid gland, normalizes metabolic processes in the body, and
also the processes of the gonads.
3. Iodine replenishes the body’s iodine deficiency, while improving
mood, appearance, mental work and so on.
4. Fluoride helps form dental and skeletal tissue.
5. Iron has a beneficial effect on vital activity.
human body, and replenishes the composition of the cytoplasm and nucleus
many cells, complex proteins and other components.
6. Copper stabilizes metabolic processes, helps
synthesize proteins with tissue compounds and form
7. Zinc is a good antioxidant and is involved in
formation of regenerated tissue compounds, provides
active cell activity.
8. Sodium is involved in the normalization of water and salt balance in
body, strengthens the nervous system and muscle mass.
Vitamins that are contained in haddock provide:
● normal exchange processes;
● formation of strong hard tissues of teeth and bones;
● normalization of blood flow circulation;
● healthy heart;
● The conversion of energy into the body fat, sugar and
● growth and regeneration of newly formed cells;
● good regeneration of tissue compounds;
● improved blood coagulation abilities;
● exchange of amino acid elements;
● anti-aging effect;
● strengthening the walls of blood vessels and capillaries;
● strengthening muscle tissue;
● resistant immunity against bacterial and viral
● oxygen nutrition of cells;
● control of cholesterol levels in the body;
● improving the work of the organs of vision and reduces their rapid
● slows down the aging process;
● good effects on the gastrointestinal tract.
Also in the composition of the fish is necessary for human
body element omega-3. This valuable substance is not produced in
our body, so get the required amount of these
fatty acids can be consumed with fish. In addition, omega-3
makes the walls of blood vessels more elastic, and reduces the amount
cholesterol in the body. Also this element prevents such
diseases like stroke, heart attack and atherosclerosis. Has a good
influence on the work and nerve connections of the brain, memory. Increases
concentration abilities and reaction to environmental factors.
This fish is a low-calorie product that contains
a lot of protein. Therefore, it can be included in the daily diet
those people who are on a diet or want to lose extra
Regular use of haddock in food contributes to significant
improve appearance: hair starts to grow better, skin
gets uniform beautiful color, becomes more elastic
and silky to the touch.
Can there be harm from haddock?
Haddock cannot do any significant damage because
is a pure fish that does not accumulate heavy metals
inside your body.
The only contraindications to the use of this fish
is an allergy to seafood. It is caused by proteins that
contained in any kind of fish. Также нельзя use пикшу при
presence of individual intolerance to fish.
Choosing the right product and cooking
It is improper storage in grocery stores that can
do harm In order to choose the right fresh haddock
stores or supermarkets and not get poisoned, you must
follow some simple rules:
1. Smell. There should be a characteristic sea smell.
The absence or presence of other odors indicates that the product
spoiled or improperly stored.
2. Eyes. They start to spoil first, so on them
need to pay special attention. They should be bright and
clear. Muddy eyes talk about the foulness of the fish.
3. Gills. Should also be a light shade.
4. Haddock fillet has a characteristic white color. Yellowish tint
says that the product is stale.
Haddock can be prepared in different ways using different methods.
heat treatment. It can boil, fry, smoke, salt,
stew, soar, serve with different sauces and spices,
add to pies and dumplings, casseroles, and use as a base
But, subject to a therapeutic diet (if there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract),
it is necessary to use more healthy and gentle treatment methods
fish, namely roasting, stewing, cooking on a grill or on