Due to the extraordinary taste and beneficial properties
tuna has become popular in many cuisines of the world. From the meat of this fish
prepare many dishes, and one of them is steak
The juicy, tender flesh of the fish is perfectly marinated, not
overdries, combines with many products.
Tuna steak – general principles
This dish is also great because it often does not need to spend
time for cutting fish, because tuna steak can be purchased
almost all major stores. It is enough to defrost the pieces
fish, marinate for half an hour, fry or bake. Getting ready
fish for 15-20 minutes.
If a whole fish was purchased, it is thoroughly washed,
gutted. Cut into large pieces with a thickness of 1.5 to 3 cm. For
steaks do not use those parts of the pulp that are located near the tail
and heads, only the middle of the fish.
The marinade usually includes lemon juice, mustard, white
wine, ginger, herbs and spices for fish, soy sauce. There are recipes
where the marinade is not required, just rub the tuna with salt and pepper,
sprinkle with lemon or orange juice and bake in the oven, wrapped in
foil. A sprig of basil, rosemary will add a flavor to the dish,
laid out in unground form right on the steak.
This tuna steak is served with potatoes, cauliflower or
broccoli, rice, vegetables, green beans.
There are also recipes where the steak is baked with extra
ingredients, such as mushrooms, cheese, which makes the dish more satisfying.
Often put slices of onion on top of the marinated steak and
tomatoes In this case, predominantly fresh fish is served.
greens and vegetables.
1. Tuna steak with herbs
• 1 large tuna;
• basil, cumin, rosemary, sage powder – 10 g;
• 30 ml of olive oil;
• salt, allspice powder – on a pinch;
• half a lemon;
• parsley – bouquet floor;
• a small amount of cooking oil.
1. • Fresh tuna is filleted, washed, cut into
four large pieces.
2. • In a separate cup, mix all the herbs, salt, pepper.
3. • Dip fish pieces in olive oil, sprinkle with a mixture of
4. • Heat the pan, pour in sunflower oil, put
prepared fish steaks, fry on both sides of the minute
four to a light brown crust.
5. • Fried steak served on a serving plate, garnished with leaves
parsley and lemon wedges.
2. Moroccan tuna steak
• 1 medium tuna;
• half a glass of vegetable and olive oil;
• garlic head floor;
• lemon juice – 2 tbsp. spoons;
• seasoning paprika, coriander – on a pinch;
• parsley, dill – on the floor of the bunch.
1. • Greens are washed and ground together with cleaned teeth.
garlic through a blender.
2. • Squeeze lemon juice, pour it into greens and garlic, pour
paprika and mix again with a blender, at the same time slowly
pour in olive oil.
3. • Fish, cut up, chop steaks, wash, thoroughly
pour over the cooked sauce and leave to be fed for 40 minutes
in a refrigerator.
4. • After 40 minutes, put the fish from the marinade into the pan with
ordinary butter, fry from all sides for 2 minutes.
5. • Place the fried tuna steaks on plates of 2 pieces per
portion, pour sauce, in which the fish was marinated, next to put
stewed vegetables, sprinkle with chopped dill.
3. Tuna steak with cheese and vegetable garnish
• 2 small tuna;
• Dutch cheese – a small piece;
• half a bunch of green onions;
• 1 lemon;
• some cooking oil;
• flour – 1 tbsp. spoon;
• salt, pepper – 10 g.
• 2 potatoes;
• a couple of tomatoes;
• 3 leaves of lettuce;
• 30 ml cooking oil;
• salt, pepper – 10 g.
1. • Cut the tuna flesh into small pieces.
2. • Squeeze juice from lemon.
3. • Fish slices roll in salt, pepper, sprinkle with juice
lemon and give to feed a few minutes.
4. • Soak the bits of paper with paper towels.
roll in flour, spread on a hot frying pan with warm
butter, fry on all sides for a few minutes.
5. • Reduce heat, sprinkle fish with cheese, cover with a lid,
stand until cheese melts.
6. • Cooking garnish: peel potatoes, cut into thin
slices, chop the tomatoes into rings, add some salt, pepper and
bake until cooked and crisp.
7. • When serving, spread on plates of 2 tuna steaks, next
prepared vegetables, decorate with lettuce leaves.
4. Tuna steak with mushrooms
• 6 medium fresh mushrooms;
• 2 tomatoes;
• Arugula – 150 g;
• 1 medium tuna;
• a pair of onions;
• A couple of garlic cloves;
• olive oil – 1.5 cups;
• wine vinegar – 50 ml;
• 30 ml of red wine and any broth;
• 1 lemon;
• mustard, honey – 30 g each;
• 10 g of black pepper and salt;
• salad greens – 2 leaves.
1. • Washing my tomatoes, chop the blender together with arugula,
lay out in a plate.
2. • Cut the cleaned and washed champignons in two, onion
grind dice, squeeze garlic through the garlic.
3. • Pour wine, broth, vinegar into a separate cup, mix with
honey and mustard, olive oil, black pepper, salt, all
4. • Fry the champignons with onions in a frying pan in heated oil
a few minutes, lay out the garlic, fry for another 2 minutes.
5. • Cut the prepared tuna fillet into pieces, sprinkle with
перцем, солью и lay out in раскаленное масло на сковороду, жарим
on both sides to cover. At the end of frying pour lemon
6. • Put lettuce leaves on a flat plate, lay out
fried steaks, next to mushrooms with onions, pour tomato sauce
5. Tuna steak marinated in soy sauce
• 5 tuna steaks;
• 6 cherry tomatoes;
• 30 ml of soy sauce;
• salt, pepper, granulated sugar, hot pepper powder – by
• oil for frying – 5 tbsp. spoons;
• lettuce greens – 2 leaves;
• Balsamic vinegar – 10 ml;
• a piece of butter.
1. • Wash tuna steaks, dry them with paper towels,
натираем перцем, солью, lay out in небольшую чашку, вливаем
a little soy sauce and leave for 25 minutes.
2. • My tomatoes, cut in half, spread on the pan with
butter and fry, turning from side to side
A couple of minutes.
3. • Sprinkle tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with
sugar, hot pepper and fry for another 1 minute,
перекладываем на a plate.
4. • Marinated steaks put on the same pan, fry with
all sides on high heat for a few minutes until crisp
5. • When serving on a portion of the dish we lay lettuce leaves, put
on them are steaks, around we place roasted tomatoes.
6. Tuna steak with teriyaki sauce
• 2 medium tuna steaks;
• some olive oil;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• 4 cherry tomatoes;
• garlic – 2 cloves;
• half a bunch of green onions.
For the sauce:
• wine vinegar – 40 ml;
• granulated sugar – pinch;
• soy sauce – 5 tbsp. spoons.
1. • For teriyaki sauce: mix wine in a small cup
vinegar, soy sauce, sugar.
2. • Put prepared tuna steaks into the sauce, remove on
couple of hours in the fry marinate.
3. • After the allotted time, we transfer the pickled fish to
paper towels, a little dry.
4. • Sprinkle steaks with olive oil and put on hot
frying pan, fry on both sides for about four minutes.
5. • We place the steaks on a plate, and pour sauce into the pan,
bring to a boil, filter and pour into a bowl.
6. • Cut the sweet pepper into two halves, remove the seeds,
wash, cut into strips, fry with the addition of olive oil
together with minced garlic cloves.
7. • When serving, put the steaks on the plate, next to the roasted peppers with
garlic, sprinkle with chopped green onions, set separately
Tuna Steak Tips and Tricks
• Do not add a lot of spice either when rubbing fish or in
marinade, otherwise tender meat will lose its taste and
• To tuna steak turned out beautiful rosy color,
grease it before baking or frying a small amount
soy sauce, you can add a little paprika and honey.
• If you do not have any seasoning, do not worry, steak from
tuna, sprinkled with a mixture of lemon juice and salt, will be at least
delicious flavored fish.
• In the oven, steak can be cooked both in the sleeve and in the foil.
If you do not have them, then just put the prepared pieces of fish
on the oiled baking sheet. In this case, you will need at least
two or three times pour steaks with marinade or salted juice to
the top of the fish is not dry.
• Baking in foil retains all the nutrients of the fish, but
этот способ термообработки лишает стейки аппетитной crusts. To
steak still had a ruddy crust, it is recommended to fry a piece in
for one minute in a pan in a well heated oil, after
shift into the oven. Then cooking time is necessary.
• When frying in a pan, it is likely that the steak
will stick to the bottom, because of which the appearance of the dish will be spoiled,
it is therefore important to put the pieces in a well-heated oil, then the fish
immediately grab the crust.
• When steaming fish, do not forget to oil the sheet in order to
the steak is not stuck. It is also important to place the fish after rather than boiling.
• Any utensil for cooking steaks should have
• Tuna steak marinated according to the above recipes
You can also cook on the grill.