Self-made baking is not
only a unique taste and matchless aroma, but also a manifestation
love, caring for loved ones.
Snail buns are an interesting home baking idea that
you easily embody thanks to our recipes.
Snails – General Principles
Prepare products from yeast pastry or puff pastry.
Yeast dough: yeast is diluted in water, dry
components sift. Mix the yeast mixture with the rest.
ingredients on the list, knead elastic dough. Cover up
dough in a bowl with a towel, clean up, raise hands,
clean again to the next uplift. After spread on
sprinkled with flour tabletop, crushed, divided into balls. Of
each piece roll out and form the buns in the form of snails.
Puff pastry: made from carefully sifted flour and large
amounts of butter. Soft butter cut into pieces, from
other ingredients on the list prepare the dough. Ready dough
roll out, spread on the surface of the oil, bend in half,
re-rolled, put butter, roll, etc. Clean the puff
the dough, wrapped in film, for a while in the refrigerator. After
from it make buns in the form of snails. You can also purchase already
ready-made puff pastry in the store. Defrost it directly
before shaping the buns, taking them out of the packaging, right on the table.
Snail buns can be sandwiched before baking
filling: poppy seeds with sugar, curd mass, thick jam – this is
sweet fillings. You can also make snail buns with nourishing
stuffing, for example, with cheese and green onions or with cottage cheese,
greens and spices. Ready-made sweet snails can be sprinkled
sugar, powder, pour the icing, melted chocolate.
Snail rolls served with tea, milk, cocoa hot or
1. Snail Rolls: A Classic Recipe
• half a pack of dry yeast;
• a half package of butter;
• a handful of sugar;
• egg – 2 pcs .;
• flour – 11 glasses;
• melted butter for the filling – half a glass;
• granulated sugar – 6 tablespoons;
• egg yolk for smearing buns.
1. • Dissolve the yeast in warm milk, add a few pinch
sugar, add salt, mix, let it brew.
2. • Pour the remaining sugar into a large bowl, add eggs,
Pour 100 grams of melted cooled butter, mix,
let the mass stand.
3. • Slowly add sifted flour and another 50 grams of butter,
knead the dough, cover it with a clean cloth and leave for a few
hours to rise.
4. • Spread the dough well in half.
5. • Roll both pieces in turn into a rectangular cake.
6. • Grease with oil, sprinkle with sugar.
7. • Wrap the roll, cut into 2 cm pieces.
8. • Spread the resulting snails on the frying sheet, laid
parchment, let rise.
9. • Grease the buns with whipped egg yolk and bake in hot
oven about half an hour.
2. Snail rolls in Spanish with curd and sour cream
Ingredients for the dough:
• flour – a little less than a kilogram;
• 1 egg;
• instant yeast, salt – on a pinch;
• 6 large spoons of sugar;
• 4 tbsp. spoons of lean and melted butter.
• a small cup of cottage cheese;
• sour cream – 6 large spoons;
• lemon zest powder – 20 g;
• 30 g powdered sugar plus a handful of powdered sugar for sprinkling
1. • Mix all dry ingredients, add butter,
pre-melt and cool it, 6 tablespoons warm
water, knead the dough, let rise.
2. • Make the filling: mix the curd with sour cream, add
ground lemon zest, powdered sugar, stir until tender
3. • Divide the dough into pieces, roll each layer.
4. • Lubricate the layers with vegetable oil, put on one side
cottage cheese stuffing, wrap roll.
5. • Roll the resulting roll with a “snail”, lay it on
Oiled baking sheet, leave for proofing.
6.•Выпекайте в горячей oven about half an hour.
7. • Sprinkle hot muffins with powdered sugar.
3. Snail buns in milk fill
Ingredients for the dough:
• slightly less than a kilogram of flour;
• a couple of yolks;
• 1 small cup of milk;
• half a glass of sugar;
• yeast – 1 teaspoon;
• 1 cup of melted butter;
• 40 g sugar;
• a little vanilla.
• half a cup of milk;
• granulated sugar – 300 g;
• some vanilla.
1. • In a small cup pour the floor of a glass of slightly warmed
milk, add sugar, yeast, flour (1 teaspoon), add salt,
mix everything thoroughly, let it brew.
2. • Enter the yolks into the remaining milk, beat with a fork, add
yeast mixture, mix.
3. • Add more flour, knead the dough. Sprinkle with flour, leave
for half an hour.
4. • Make the filling: combine the softened butter with the sugar and
5. • Split the dough into parts.
6. • Roll each thin square or cake, grease
7. • Lay tight the roll and cut into 5 cm pieces
each, form a “snail”.
8. • Spread the buns in the prepared form, give
9. • Make a fill: dissolve sugar in milk.
10. • Well-risen buns fill with half prepared
milk fill, bake in a hot oven until
light brown color.
11. • After some time baking, refill the buns.
pouring, put bake.
4. Булочки-улитки на кефире с coconut flakes
• a little more than half a kilogram of flour;
• kefir – 350 ml;
• pinch of instant yeast;
• sugar – a small mug with a slide;
• 1 egg;
• 100 ml of vegetable oil, melted and creamy;
• sugar and coconut chips – handful.
• 230 ml coconut milk;
• granulated sugar – 4 tablespoons;
• salt, vanilla – at the tip of a teaspoon.
1. • Mix yeast with kefir and sugar. Leave it for 10-12 minutes
2. • Add egg, vegetable oil, salt, to the yeast mixture,
beat with a fork.
3. • Pour the sifted flour, knead the dough and leave to
raising for a couple of hours.
4. • Punch the dough, divide it into several small
5. • Roll each one in turn into a layer, oil it,
Sprinkle with chips, mix it with sugar.
6. • Wrap each layer with a roll.
7. • Make snails from rolls and lay them on
lined with baking paper sheet, let it stand so that
8. • Bake in the oven until cooked.
9. • 10 minutes before the readiness, pour the muffins with a mixture of water
coconut milk, sugar and vanilla.
5. Snail buns with cheese and green onions
• flour – a little more than half a kilogram;
• olive oil – 50 ml;
• yeast – half a teaspoon;
• salt – 3 g;
• sugar – 35 g
• for a small piece of Suluguni cheese and any cream;
• green onions – 7 stalks;
• cumin, sesame – in a handful.
• egg yolk.
1. • Dissolve all dry ingredients, except flour, in a container.
suitable size in warm water, leave to infuse.
2. • Enter the flour.
3. • Add olive oil, knead the dough, leave to
4. • Make the stuffing: cut the green onions into thin rings,
mix with the grated chopped cheeses, add salt.
5. • Roll the dough into a layer.
6. • Cut the formation into 4 cm wide strips.
7. • Put a little stuffing on each strip, wrap
tubule, the edges firmly blind.
8. • Form from the resulting tube “snail”.
9. • Put the snail buns on a baking sheet, anoint with yolk,
sprinkle with sesame mixed with cumin, put in oven for 25
6. Snail buns with puff pastry
Ingredients for the dough:
• half a kilogram of flour;
• 800 g butter;
• water – 200 ml;
• 1 egg;
• sugar – 20 g;
• salt – 2 g;
• sunflower oil.
• poppy, sugar – 30 g each;
• pinch of vanilla.
1. • Dissolve the dry ingredients according to the recipe, except flour.
Put the egg, whisk. Pour flour, knead dough, give
2. • Roll the bed, wrap a small piece in it.
butter, roll out.
3. • Put the butter back, roll it out, and so on until it ends.
4. • Wrap the dough into a bag, remove for an hour in
5. • Thinly roll the cooled dough, grease with vegetable oil,
Sprinkle with a mixture of sugar, poppy and vanilla.
6. • Wrap a roll, cut into pieces, twist
7. • Spread out on a greased sheet, place in the oven,
bake at 230 degrees.
Snail Rolls: Secrets and Tips
• Add some butter to the dough, then when forming the buns
it will not stick to your hands.
• Do not use large amounts of flour when rolling.
powder, otherwise the baking will be heavy, not airy.
• If, without flour, a rolling pin sticks to the dough all the time, use
for rolling a regular bottle, pouring ice water into it.
• Do not put the buns on a baking sheet butt, it is better that
between them there was a distance of 3-5 cm: when baking
snail buns will increase in size.
• Snails with a golden top are obtained when
Before baking, the dough is smeared with a mixture of water and egg yolk.
• Do not refrigerate the buns, putting them on top of each other, places
the contacts get wet. Better to let the products cool right on