Kissel is a gelatinous drink made from forest berries, natural juices or cereals with the addition of natural thickener. Fresh fruit and berry jelly cannot be compare with either canned or frozen option. But in where to take them in the cold season? Let’s get acquainted with delicious recipes thick homemade kissel brewed from frozen ingredients.
Frozen Strawberry Jelly Recipe
Give yourself in the middle of a harsh winter a piece of warm summer. For this in the season of berries freeze strawberries for winter, and in winter enjoy fragrant kissel from mashed berries. For этого спелую chop the strawberries, put them in trays, cover with lids and put in the freezer. Cooking jelly at home is easy, it will only take
- 400 g frozen strawberries;
- two art. l starch;
- 6 tbsp. l (or slightly less) sugar;
- 2-2, 5 liters of water.
- Mix sugar with water, boil.
- Then pour the strawberries into the pan, bring to the boil and take out.
- Grind strawberries in a blender (if it was frozen whole) to mashed potatoes.
- Dissolve starch with cold water.
- In boiling compote, first gently introduce a thickener, then strawberry puree.
- Bring the drink to a boil and turn it off.
- Drink strawberry gelatinous decoction preferably after cooling down
Cook cherry jelly from frozen berries
Cherry frozen in the winter is also good for health, as well as fresh. Its caloric content is only 48 kcal / 100 grams, and valuable substances and vitamins are preserved after freezing. But to fruits have not lost their beneficial properties for a long time, they need to be frozen by shock (instant) technologies already washed, dried, not spoiled. Cherries with a bone are stored in the freezer for more juicy, and the resulting decoction is no different from a drink, brewed in summer with fresh fruits.
- 2 glasses of frozen cherries (with bone);
- 1 tbsp. Sahara;
- 3 tbsp. l starch;
- 2 liters of water.
- Sugar is dissolved in boiling water, then add cherry
- While the syrup is boiling, cook the starch by dissolving it in cold water and stir until smooth.
- After the cherry rises, wait a couple of minutes, after add the prepared thickener, quickly stirring the water.
- Bring the drink to a boil, turn it off, then add more some cherries that will stay alive, improving the taste of fruit dessert.
How to cook frozen currant jelly < / h2>
Black currant – the most common berry in our area, so it is easy to meet in any garden. Its fruits are considered the most accessible source of vitamin C, and a huge amount of minerals and organic acids make currants indispensable in winter to replenish the body with useful substances. Kissel with frozen black currant will strengthen the immune system, show tonic and antiviral properties.
- 450 grams of frozen black currant; < / li>
- 3 tbsp. l starch;
- 2-3 tbsp. l Sahara;
- about 2 liters of water. < / li> < / ul>
Preparation < / u>:
- Black currant, without defrosting, put in a saucepan, pour half a glass of water, boil. < / li>
- Wipe the fruit through a sieve and save the juice. < / li>
- Put mashed currant back into the pan, add 1.5 liters of boiling water, add sugar, cook for 8-10 minutes over low heat, then combine with currant juice. < / li>
- Meanwhile, dilute the starch with 1 cup of cold water, pour gently into the boiling drink, stirring so that there are no lumps. < / li>
- Boil the jelly for a couple of minutes and turn it off. < / li>
- Let it stand for another 30 minutes, then drink it to your health! < / li> < / ol>
Kissel from frozen berries of raspberry and cranberry < / h2>
How to cook kissel from frozen berries with starch, so that he not only likes adults, but also becomes a favorite dessert for the child? For этого нужно правильно комбинировать ягоды. A surprisingly tasty combination is obtained by boiling a raspberry and cranberry drink. You can take frozen whole or pureed berries.
- 1 glass of frozen cranberries, raspberries; < / li>
- 3 tbsp. ложки starch;
- sugar – optional; < / li>
- 4 liters of water. < / li> < / ul>
Preparation < / u>:
- Pour water into a container, let it boil. < / li>
- After boiling, add raspberries and cranberries, cook for no more than 10 minutes. < / li>
- After the time has passed, strain the drink, the berries can be removed – they are no longer needed. < / li>
- Add the right amount of sugar to the berry compote and put it on fire again. < / li>
- Dissolve starch with cold water. < / li>
- Дождитесь, пока компот закипит, после чего содержимое размешивайте ложкой по часовой стрелке, одновременно вливая крахмаl Keep it flowing in a trickle. < / Li>
- After the drink turns into a transparent thick broth, boil it for a couple of minutes, then turn off the fire. < / li> < / ol>
If you want a light drinking drink, add a couple of tablespoons of potato starch. For любителей густого фруктово-ягодного десерта увеличивайте количество загустителя вдвое без добавления воды.