Mandarin is the favorite Christmas treat of millions compatriots. Earlier, in the days of the Soviet Union, these fruits were deficient, so people could only afford to decorate the New Year’s table with 2-3 fruits. Then the mandarins and steel associate with this winter holiday. The Chinese consider them a symbol of prosperity and success, the Japanese – happiness, prosperity and longevity. Juicy orange fruit gives us all a New Year mood and has a positive effect on our body. We suggest you find out how many calories are in a tangerine, what are its beneficial features.
How much does mandarin weigh?
The quick answer: an average of 110 grams
Calorie mandarin 1 pc without peel – 25 kcal
Calorie mandarin per 100 grams
For women who monitor their diet and daily counting all the proteins consumed, fats and carbohydrates, we have good news: the mandarin calorie is relatively low, 33 kcal per 100 grams. At least this number you can see in tables and reference books.
|Title||Calories per 100 grams|
|In fresh||38 kcal|
|In dried||230 kcal|
|In tangerine juice||36 kcal|
|In tangerine jam||274 kcal|
True, there is one nuance: this is the energy value fresh tangerine with peel. This fruit is consumed in a fresh look, only one crust is eaten. How to learn the indicators of energy jam or juice values? You do not have to go into mathematical calculations to calculate how many calories in 1 tangerine without skin or in 1 kg of dried fruit, because nutritionists already did this work for you!
In fresh без кожуры
Mandarin juices, liqueurs, compotes, jams, marmalade and other products. But the vast majority of our compatriots consume juicy orange fruit fresh. Therefore helpful find out what the calorie in tangerine without peel. Energy value per 100 grams of peeled fruit is 38 calories. IN 1 lobule – from 2 to 5 kcal.
The smallest – Spanish clementine mandarins. They weigh from 40 to 70 grams. One of the most popular varieties on the market – Mandarin Morocco, different medium size fruits. Peeled fruit имеет массу в 60-100 граммов, 1 штука содержит 22-38 kcal. Most Abkhaz tangerines have a large size. Calorie fruit can be 50 kcal and above.
Mandarin calorie content 1 pc of mandarin – from 16 to 45 kcal (in depending on the size).
Dried tangerines have high energy value and contain huge stocks of nutrients. Their regular consumption will improve blood circulation, speed up metabolism, strengthen the appetite and increase the tone of the body. Effective fruits and in as an antiviral agent. But how many calories in dried tangerines compared to fresh fruit? Yes. Considering, that in the process of drying all the liquid evaporates, the mandarin fruit loses 80% of its initial mass. Therefore, the calorie content of dried mandarins составляет 230 kcal на 100 граммов продукта. If they were added sugar, it increases to 260-280 kilocalories.
In tangerine juice
Natural tangerine juice can be obtained by squeezing ripe fruits. It has a pleasant sweet-sour flavor, good quenches thirst and refreshes in hot weather. Used to treat asthma and bronchitis, effectively eliminates swelling and removes mucus.
Tangerine juice – a storehouse of nutrients: in the group of vitamins B, A, E, PP, ascorbic acid, potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium and sodium. Consuming this drink is beneficial for everyone, but in particular – kiddies and sick people. Calorie tangerine juice is estimated nutritionists at 36 kilocalories per 100 milliliters.
Mandarin jam and jam
Tangerine jam or jam is good for humans: these products strengthen bones and ligaments, slow down the process of cellular aging, normalize the work of the heart muscle and have a beneficial effect on the immune system. But consuming them in huge quantities is not worth, dieters. Otherwise it will be difficult avoid a lot of extra pounds, high blood pressure and violations of the digestive tract. And high sugar content in jam carries with it an additional threat to people suffering from the early stages of diabetes. Calories 100 grams of product estimated at 276 kcal.
Chemical composition and nutritional value < / h2>
Like other citrus fruits – oranges, lemons or grapefruits, fresh mandarin is rich in valuable vitamin C. Ascorbic acid helps the body support the immune system, promotes rapid healing of wounds and protects the oral cavity from inflammatory processes. Mandarin has a high content of flavonoids, eliminating free radicals and removing toxins from the body. Well, vitamin B1 is responsible for the regulation of metabolic processes, cell regeneration and rejuvenation of the body.
We list and other useful substances that the fruit of mandarin contains. These are vitamins A and P (contained in the peel), organic acids, pectin, cellulose, phytoncides, glycosides, and mineral salts (in the pulp). What is the nutritional value of mandarin? The content of 100 grams of fruit proteins is estimated at 0.8 grams, fat – 0.2 grams, carbohydrates – 7.5 grams. Note that 11% of the mass of the fruit is sugar.
Health Benefits of Mandarin < / h2>
With the calorie, food and energy value of the product, we figured it out. It is time to learn the benefits of tangerines for the human body: < p>
- An important property of a fruit is the ability to quickly restore the reserves of vitamins lost by the body during the winter period. The fruits contain ascorbic acid, which accelerates the process of recovery from colds and flu.
- The rind of the fruit relieves coughing and normalizes digestion. Fruits normalize metabolism and burn calories. Their low calorie content while losing weight is especially appreciated. < / Li>
- Mandarin – anti-edema, anti-mucous, improves the condition of the bronchi and mucus derived from them due to the high content of synephrine (also called phenolic amino acid). < / li>
- Regular consumption of fruits reduces the risk of heart disease and atherosclerosis, reduces cholesterol in the blood. To get the maximum benefit from the fruit, nutritionists recommend consuming it along with a thin white net enveloping every slice. It is in it that glycosides are present that strengthen the circulatory system. < / Li>
- Both large and small tangerines are an effective natural antidepressant. Fruits calm the nervous system and tone the body. < / Li>
- The rind of the fruit is as good as its flesh. It contains a lot of pectin substances, essential oils, organic acids, flavonoids. The peel is recommended to use for making candied fruits and all kinds of tinctures. But be careful: unscrupulous manufacturers rub wax on the skin of fruits, giving them a bright glossy look. This peel can not be consumed. < / Li>
- Mandarins are useful during pregnancy. At the beginning of the second trimester, expectant mothers are acutely deficient in vitamin C. It is possible to replenish its reserves by consuming 1-2 fruits per day. Well, a massage with essential oils of orange fruits will protect the skin of moms, preventing the appearance of stretch marks. < / Li> < / ul> |
How many tangerines can be eaten per day? < / h2>
Despite the fact that mandarins in our country are the second most popular New Year product (after the salad “Olivier”, of course), you should not overeat. And the number of calories here does not matter. Excessive consumption of fruits can lead to a glut of vitamins, or hypervitaminosis (the main symptoms are rash, headache, increased pressure).
Adult doctors recommend eating no more than 200 grams of mandarins per day (3-4 medium-sized fruits), children – no more than 150 grams (2-3 fruits). There are restrictions on the consumption of natural juice. Children should drink up to 150 ml of the drink per day, adults – up to 200 milliliters.