Beetroot is a root vegetable widely used in cooking. By the people it is often called buryak. Beetroot is a part of borscht, side dishes, salads and appetizers. Her coloring property is used by cooks for giving dishes a beautiful pinkish hue. Buriak is very useful in any kind, this root crop contains a record number of important for human body amino acids. Let’s find out how much calories in beets cooked in different ways and how valuable properties it possesses.
Calorie beet per 100 grams
Since beet contains a small amount of carbohydrates and fats, The calorie content of this root is low. However, it is still different in depending on the form in which you will consume the vegetable. We suggest you consider the calorie content of beet juice, as well as beet in fresh, boiled, baked, stewed and pickled the form
Raw beets have a beneficial effect on digestive and circulatory system of the body. Product must be sure to be on the menu of vegetarians and people leading hard struggle with excess weight. Buriak – dietary vegetable, from consumption of which you will never recover. Medium root vegetable weighs 300-400 grams. Accordingly, its energy value reaches about 130-170 kcal.
The calorie content of raw beets is 43 kilocalories per 100 grams.
The calorie content of boiled beets is low, so that nutritionists It is recommended to include it in the diet. Boiled vegetable possesses a wide range of useful properties. Vitamins and other valuable elements present in the product, improve brain activity, strengthen the immune system, improve intestinal motility.
The energy value:
- Steamed beets: 44 kcal;
- Beets with mayonnaise and garlic: 112 kcal;
- With butter and garlic: 95 kcal;
- With sour cream (15%) and garlic: 65 kcal.
Beets are important to cook. First, the vegetable is already placed in boiling water. Secondly, it does not salt. Salt makes beets solid. It is better to add it to the already prepared dish. In the process Boiling ensure that the liquid completely covers the beets. To easier to clean boiled beets, place it immediately after cooking in cold water. You shouldn’t pour out the broth itself: by filtering it, you get a useful diuretic and laxative. Beetroot the decoction is good for the liver – it effectively cleanses this organ. Buryak is boiled for 40-60 minutes, depending on the size of the root.
Boiled buryak – 48 kilocalories per 100 grams.
Boiled beets are part of dozens of salads, but few housewives know that the buryak for them is better not to cook, and bake. It takes as much time, but it is much more convenient and tasty. Heat treatment does not reduce the benefits of beet.
Cooking rules for baked beets:
- Well washed vegetables.
- Cut only long tails.
- Spread foil on the table, spread the beet on top.
- We wrap the vegetable in such a way that all the “seams” are directed upwards. You can be sure that it stands out in In the baking process, the juice will not run away. Small beets You can wrap in one piece of foil at once for 2-3 pieces.
- Put the beet in the oven, preheated to 160-170 degrees, she It takes about 1 hour.
- Let the vegetables cool, gently unfold them, clean.
Calorie baked beets – 44 kilocalories per 100 gr.
In a stew
To make beetroot stew, the vegetable is washed under running water. water, peeled, cut into strips and laid out in pan or cauldron. Add 3-4 spoons of oil and a small amount of water. All mix and simmer until half ready. Not forget to stir the beet regularly. Add sugar to taste salt. Stew until done. Low-calorie beet when quenching turns into a nutritious product. If you extinguish beet on water, it will contain 75 kcal.
Энергетическая ценность запеченной свеклы – 106 kilocalories.
Pickled beets are used as a component of various salads and first courses. Adding beets 5 minutes until ready soup, you will improve its appearance and taste. Marinated beet can be bought on the market or in any supermarket. but store product neither taste nor benefit can not be compared with cooked at home.
To marinate beet at home, wash the vegetable and cook until ready. Marinade is made from water, vinegar, sugar, salt, black pepper, chili pepper, horseradish, bay leaf and cloves. All this is brought to a boil, and then cooled to room temperature. Boiled beets are peeled from peel, cut in any way you like, fits in sterilized jars and filled with cooled marinade. Place bottles in a cool dry place, and after 1-2 days pickled beet will be ready for consumption.
Калорийность маринованного продукта – 65 kilocalories.
In beet juice
To получить натуральный свекольный сок, можно воспользоваться juicer or chop the vegetable on a fine grater and squeeze out liquid manually. Keep in mind that your hands after such a procedure will turn pink. The fact is that beet juice is a strong natural the dye used in cooking to color dishes.
Notкоторые люди предпочитают чистому свекольному соку коктейли, в which it mixes with other vegetable or fruit fresh juices. Beetroot сок содержит антиоксиданты, оказывающие омолаживающее и toning effect and preventing the development of cancer diseases. Drink improves skin condition. Beet Juice is helpful drink with neurosis of different origin, with insomnia, sugar diabetes, high blood pressure, scurvy, kidney disease. Norm drink consumption – 300 ml per day. This dose is desirable break into 4-5 receptions.
Calorie beet juice – 42 kilocalories per 100 ml.
Composition and nutritional value < / h2>
Beetroot is a champion among vegetables in terms of the capacity of essential acids, including gamma-aminobutyric acid, which improves metabolism in the brain. In buriak there is a compound betaine, which is converted inside the body into active choline, which has anti-sclerotic effects and prevents fatty degeneration of the liver. Among other acids contained in beets, we select lactic, malic, oxalic, citric, tartaric and folic. In the beet a lot of fiber, which improves the digestive tract.
Table beet varieties are rich sources of vitamin C and group B vitamins, the content of carotene and nicotinic acid is less significant. 100 grams of vegetable contains 14% of the daily body need for dietary fiber. Among the micro and macro elements are manganese (16%), potassium (13%), copper (7.5%), sodium (6%), magnesium (5.8%), phosphorus (5%), iron (4,4%), zinc (3%), calcium (1.6%) and sulfur (1,3).
Now let’s talk about the components of BZHU. 100 grams of fresh buryak contains 1.6 grams of vegetable proteins, 0.2 grams of fat and 6.8 grams of carbohydrates. In boiled beets, their capacity is 1.7 g, 0.2 g and 8 g, respectively. |
Useful properties of beet < / h2>
Beets are well absorbed by the body and compensate for the deficiency of nutrients and vitamins, so it must be included in the diet in winter and springtime. But its benefits do not end there.
How beets affect the body:
- Buryak improves digestion and relieves chronic constipation. < / li>
- Fiber and valuable organic acids regulate the process of metabolism, increase intestinal motility. < / li>
- Pectin, contained in beets, removes slags and toxins from the body, destroys putrefactive bacteria present in the gastrointestinal tract. < / li>
- Consuming low-calorie beets helps speed weight loss and consolidate results. < / li>
- Betaine (lipotropic substance) prevents the accumulation of fats in liver tissue, reduces the likelihood of tumors. < / li>
- Beetroot сок нормализует давление, защищает от атеросклероза, снижает уровень холестерина. The drink is useful to mix with honey. < / Li>
- Buryak cleans the blood, increases hemoglobin and improves the functioning of the heart (due to the content of vitamin B9). < / li>
- Beets stimulate the brain to activate blood circulation in the head. < / li>
- Свежий свекольный сок полезно пить на ранних стадиях простудных diseases. At a cold, this liquid is instilled 2-3 drops in the nostrils. And in case of sore throat, the throat is rinsed with a mixture of beet juice (1 cup) and vinegar (1 tablespoon). < / Li>
- Antioxidants present in buryak tone up and slow down cellular aging. < / li>
- Folic acid has a rejuvenating effect, contributing to the formation of new cells. < / li>
- Buriak increases the body’s resistance to radioactive substances. < / li>
- Even beet leaves can be called healing. With a headache, they are applied to the temples, as well as to the forehead. Soon the migraine passes. < / li> < / ul>