Morocco’s culinary traditions are a true gem in
the gastronomic culture of the Mediterranean, formed over the centuries,
imbued with the customs of the neighbors and at the same time – remaining original.
The variety of specialties often makes it impossible to adapt
recipes, but also that which has spread throughout the world, allows
fall in love with the cuisine of Morocco from the first meal.
It is based on fruits, vegetables and greens, seafood,
lamb, legumes, wheat cereals. Fat is not widespread
olive and creamy baked (often flavored with spices). This
in principle, it is impossible to imagine a kitchen without spices and seasonings, among
which stands out a mixture of ras el Hanut, known in dozens
variations, but almost always includes green cardamom, bay
leaf, nutmeg and nutmeg, ginger, sweet paprika,
cinnamon, black pepper, heavenly grains and turmeric.
In many dishes add a special salty citrus.
Interestingly, pancakes are also baked here for breakfast, or rather –
air pancakes, this is bagrir, they are usually served with honey. Still
You can talk about Morocco by mentioning the dishes:
- фалафель — обжаренные во фритюре шарики из
- кускус — называемое как и мелкая пшеничная
cereal, which is its basis and side dish, is vegetable, meat,
fish and even sweet milk;
- пастилла — праздничный слоеный пирог,
combines salty and sweet tastes, traditionally there is in its filling
pigeon meat, boiled eggs and almonds.
This kitchen gave the world a rose petal jam, but here
practically not known baklava and lokum, which explains
closeness of the region to the influence of Turkish cooking, in principle, on
over the centuries which had a great influence on gastronomic
traditions of eastern countries.
Of the drinks, the most famous is burning hot green tea with
mint, which is appropriate to submit to any dish and just like that (in
the latter case also needs shortbread).
And then there is the tagine. In this wonderful thick-walled pot
you can cook on the stove and in the oven, the products in it slowly
languish, preserving juiciness and flavor. Tazhinom also called dishes from
meat and vegetables (stew), cooked in it.
- 300 g of semolina;
- 1 fresh egg;
- 450 ml of water;
- 40 g butter;
- 3 g of baking powder;
- 2 g yeast;
- 60 grams of wheat flour.
- Stir the yeast in warm water.
- Sprinkle to the yeast semolina, flour, a pinch of salt and
- Add the egg and mix thoroughly. Put the dishes on
1.5-2 hours in a warm place.
- After a specified time, gently mix the dough.
- Bake the pancakes in a heated, dry frying pan, only with
one side. Take off, just the top non-toasted side
will dry up.
Tazhin with chicken and dried fruits
- 150 g pumpkin;
- 70 g canned olives (pitted);
- fresh parsley;
- 1 kg of chicken thighs;
- 200 grams of white raisin grapes;
- olive oil;
- 1 fennel;
- 1 tsp. ras el Hanut blends;
- 400 g couscous cereal;
- 1 liter chicken broth;
- 60 g chickpea (boiled).
- Remove the poultry meat from the bones, cut into small pieces.
Fry the chicken in butter.
- Dice pumpkin pulp.
- Cut the fennel into eight pieces.
- Put meat, fennel, pumpkin and olives in thick-walled dishes –
gooseneck or tagine, pour all the broth, cover with a lid.
- Place the dishes in the oven preheated to 180 ° С for 30
- Take out the dishes for a moment, put chickpeas and spices in the dish,
верните в духовку еще на 30 minutes
- Prepare a side dish, for which lightly salt salt couscous
and fill it with 600 ml of boiling water, cover with a lid and hold it until
couscous does not absorb all the water, it will become soft and crumbly.
- 5 minutes before being ready, throw grapes into the dish and
- Serve the food with a side dish of couscous.
- 250 grams of lean lamb;
- 1 fresh tomato;
- 200 ml of tomato juice;
- 40 grams of dry rice;
- fresh lemon;
- 1/3 cup lentils;
- 1/3 cup chickpeas;
- vegetable oil;
- 1 small onion;
- spices (turmeric, cumin, ground black and red pepper);
- ginger root (1.5 cm long);
- chili pepper (a small piece of flesh without a core);
- fresh cilantro.
- on the eve of cooking soup, soak in water for 8-10 hours
- cut into small pieces of lamb;
- peel the tomato and dice;
- finely chop the onion;
- grate ginger;
- finely chop fresh greens and chillies;
- fry in lamb oil;
- add the onions to the meat when it is browned until translucent
tones – add ginger, chili and spices;
- Put tomatoes in all, pour tomato juice and 300 ml
кипящей воды, посолите, отсчитайте 5 миchickpea;
- всыпьте в кастрюлю чечевицу, рис и chickpea;
- move to the beans and cereals the contents of the pan;
- Count on cooking soup on moderate heat for about an hour,
за 10 миchickpea до готовности забросьте в суп измельченную зелень
- before serving, add a thin slice to each plate
- 1 tbsp. l dry green tea;
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint;
- 400 ml of water;
- 2 tbsp. l Sahara.
- Положите в teaник мяту, всыпьте заварку.
- Pour in just boiling, still slightly boiling water.
- Cover the dish with a lid and top with a towel.
- Отсчитайте 10 minutes
- Добавьте в tea сахар и подайте напиток горячим.
- 6 lemons;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 1 tsp. fennel kernels;
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns crushed;
- 1 tsp. ground coriander.
- Wash the lemons well and make one longitudinal on each
notch (but do not divide the fruit to the end).
- Then flip each fruit and repeat the cuts with the reverse
hand, the opposite of the previous one.
- Перемешайте 12 teaных ложек соли со специями и вложите по одной
spoon in each incision.
- Fold the lemons tightly in a sterilized jar, sprinkle 1
tablespoon of salt, cover and place in a dark place in
- After 72 hours, open the container and carefully press the lemons,
seal them in a can. By this time they should become softer and
give a lot of juice, but if you don’t have enough of it, pour fresh in,
lemons to hide under it. Again, remove the jar under the lid and
put the tara in the darkness.
- After 4 weeks at room temperature lemons
- Before adding them anywhere, the fruit should be washed in
cold water. Pulp – for meat, vegetable, cereals, second and
the first. Crusts – for snacks.