Candied fruit – sweetness that came to us from the east and won
very popular among professional cooks and housewives,
Loving to regale their family with useful and tasty delicacies.
We are accustomed, if necessary, to acquire sweetness on the way home.
in the nearest stores, and after all cook candied oranges at home
much easier than it seems at first glance.
Try making orange candies yourself at least
again and you see for yourself.
Candied oranges – general cooking principles
In the preparation of candied orange is no big deal.
The main thing is to pick fresh freshly spoiled fruit, wash them thoroughly and
boil several times to remove the bitterness inherent in citrus
fruits. The same process should be followed when preparing candied fruit from
lemons, grapefruits, sweets, lime, tangerines.
In addition to the fruit itself, only sugar and water will be needed,
also, if desired, can be used to decorate candied fruit
additional ingredients: powdered sugar, chocolate and other.
Although the flesh, at least orange crust boil in sugar
syrup with the addition of spices, then cooled and dried in
Cut the orange should be small, but not too small
slices. These can be cubes, cubes, circles, stripes,
stars – depending on taste and aesthetic
Store candied oranges in a hermetically sealed non
transparent packaging no more than 6 months.
Ready candied fruits can be eaten instead of sweets, adds to pastries,
to decorate them tarts and cakes, pastries and other desserts. Besides
candied citrus fruits are a great tonic supplement to black and
зеленому чаю, придающая напитку особенную свежесть и taste.
1. Candied oranges
• 1.2-1.3 kg of oranges;
• two glasses of sugar;
• half a lemon (you can replace 2 g of citric acid);
• optional spices: vanilla, cinnamon;
• for decorating icing sugar.
1. We wash oranges with special care, after which we pour
their boiling water.
2. Cut the prepared fruit into sticks not thicker than
half a centimeter.
3. Put the sliced sticks into the pan suitable
size, pour cold water so that it covers orange
completely. Варим после закипания примерно пять minutes Take off
pan from the heat, rinse the bars in cold water, again
put on fire. We repeat the procedure with boiling 3-4 times – this
removes the bitterness inherent in the orange peel.
4. After the fourth cooking, we turn the orange bars back on
Colander, letting the liquid completely drain.
5. Pour into a clean pan three glasses of water, pour sugar and
citric acid, add spices to taste.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil, put it in the resulting syrup
7. Cover the pot with a lid, reduce the fire. Tomim candied from
апельсинов 1,5 hours This time is enough for candied fruits.
soaked in sugar syrup and became transparent.
8. When the time for cooking has expired, do not rush to remove the candied fruit from
pans, give them completely cool in the syrup, then turn back on
colander, letting the sweets dry a little.
9. Dumping finished candied sugar with icing sugar, unfolding
neatly on a baking sheet covered with parchment.
10. Dry for 40 minutes in a warm to 90 degrees.
2. Candied Orange Peel
• one and a half glasses of granulated sugar;
• peels from five to seven oranges;
• 2 g of citric acid.
1. Take off с апельсинов кожуру, кладем ее в кастрюлю.
2. To remove bitterness, pour the peel with water, boil for
5 minutes, drain the water. Repeat the boiling procedure 3-5 times.
3. After repeated boiling, when the crusts are ready.
directly to the preparation of candied fruits, we throw them in a colander,
letting the water drain.
4. Cut the finished crusts into small pieces: sticks,
5. Pour into a pot and a half cups of water, pour sugar,
6. Once the granulated sugar is completely dissolved, pour in
prepared orange peels. Boil for 45-50
7. For 5-8 minutes until ready, pour in citric acid and
mix it up.
8. We shift the candied fruits to the colander at the end of cooking, and after
when the excess syrup is drained we lay them on the parchment on
9. Sent for 40 minutes in the oven, setting the temperature to 100
3. Candied oranges in chocolate
• three not large oranges;
• 350 grams of sugar;
• 300 ml of water;
• 50 grams of cocoa;
• 2 tbsp. l powdered sugar;
• 30 ml of cream.
1. Thoroughly washed oranges pour boiling water for 10 minutes,
rinse, pour again. Fold in a colander.
2. As soon as the oranges dry, cut them into thin circles.
3-5 mm thick.
3. Put the oranges in the saucepan, pour them
boiling syrup made from water and sugar.
4. Tomim oranges over low heat about hours
5. Transparent golden candied citrus candies are shifted to
grate in the oven, dry for 15 minutes at 100-120
6. For now candied fruits reach full readiness, cook from cocoa,
cream and powdered sugar chocolate: mix everything thoroughly
ingredients, bring to a boil, cook, stirring all the time, 5
7. Dip orange mugs in chilled chocolate,
lay out on baking paper and send for 30-40 minutes to
4. Fragrant manna with candied oranges
• a glass of milk;
• glass of semolina;
• 1/2 cup of vegetable oil;
• a glass of flour;
• two eggs;
• vinegar-soda soda;
• candied oranges – the amount to taste.
1. Pour the semolina in a bowl, fill the cereal with warm milk.
Mix thoroughly, leave for 30 minutes, giving the decoys
2. While croup reaches the condition we need, we separate the proteins from
3. Beat the whites, sprinkling them with sugar, to form
4. Pour the flour into the resulting protein mass, extinguish here
vinegar soda, gently stir until smooth.
5. In another container, beat the butter with the yolks, and then
combine both mixtures in one large bowl.
6. Add to the mixture the swollen semolina, mix so that
the mass turned out without a single lump.
7. Lubricate a special baking dish with margarine, sprinkle
8. Pour dough into the mold.
9. Spread over the top in a chaotic manner candied oranges,
lightly embed them with a fork in the dough.
10. Bake the manna 30 minutes, turning on the oven for 180
11. We get baking after it has cooled completely.
5. Cheesecake with candied oranges
• 100-120 grams of candied orange;
• 500 grams of cottage cheese;
• two eggs;
• 0.5 cup of granulated sugar;
• 1.5 cups of flour;
• a teaspoon of baking powder;
• vanilla sugar, powdered sugar – to taste.
1. Beat whites, separated from yolks, to white
2. The remaining yolks are mixed with mashed with a fork cottage cheese,
sugar, vanilla sugar.
3. Put candied fruit in the yolks, mix, then add
4. Mix flour and baking powder.
5. Enter in small portions the flour mixture into the curd mass,
mix it up.
6. Lubricate the silicone baking dish with oil, put it in
Her curd dough with candied oranges.
7. Готовим на 200 градусах около 45 minutes
8. Sprinkle the finished cake with powdered sugar.
6. Muffins with candied oranges
• candied fruits;
• 80 grams of sour cream;
• a glass of sugar;
• two eggs;
• one and a half glasses of flour;
• 100 grams of margarine;
• soda, hydrated with vinegar.
1. Melt in any convenient way, whether it is a microwave
or water bath, margarine. Let it cool.
2. Beat eggs with sugar, add sour cream and hydrated to mass
3. Pour cooled cooled margarine into the egg mass, pour in
flour and knead well.
4. Pour the candied fruit. Once again, mix everything thoroughly,
the number of candied fruits is determined by your taste.
5. Put the dough into silicone molds, filling them in height.
6. Place the forms on a dry pan, prepare the muffins with
candied oranges in a preheated oven to 200 degrees
Candied oranges – tips and tricks
• Small oranges are great for making candied fruit.
with thick skinned.
• If candied fruits are cooked properly, they should not stick to
hands, they must be dry, but at the same time juicy, not
• You can not pour syrup into the sink, but pour it into
sterile dishes and use to prepare various
desserts: biscuits, sauces and other.
• You can also use the remaining syrup to
cooking the next batch of candied fruit.
• Do not use spoiled delicacies.
fruits, they will spoil not only the appearance of candied fruits, but also their
• The longer you stand an orange after boiling in syrup, the
• When making candied fruit, you can use different
spices to give sweets a special flavor: cloves,
star anise, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom. Just be careful with
the number of spices used, surplus of spices will simply kill
taste of orange, making candied fruit inedible.
• Finished candied oranges can be rolled in melted
chocolate, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, coconut chips,
crushed almond or walnut nuts.