Pumpkin in our country grows everywhere, but here is a special
Popular at the present time, this product does not use.
There are, of course, those who add pumpkin to porridge or to pastries,
there are those who bake it, but such units.
But from so useful and with proper preparation
A real tasty vegetable can be cooked
interesting dishes, which include amazing and delicious sweet
delicacy – pumpkin jam with oranges. Surprisingly, but such
Jam is pleasant even to those who could not stand a pumpkin for the spirit,
Yes, and the composition of the dessert is rarely anyone can guess.
- 1 Pumpkin jam with orange – general principles preparations
- 2 1. Pumpkin jam with orange and lemon
- 3 2. Pumpkin jam with orange and dried apricots
- 4 3. Pumpkin jam with orange in a slow cooker
- 5 4. Pumpkin jam with orange zest and sea buckthorn
- 6 5. Pumpkin jam with orange and almond
- 7 6. Pumpkin jam with orange, lemon and spices
- 8 Pumpkin jam with orange – tips and tricks
Pumpkin jam with orange – general principles
Before proceeding directly to
cooking delicacies consider why you should try
cook this delicious jam:
• in summer you can buy a pumpkin almost everywhere.
• pumpkin has a large number of useful properties: it
contains vitamins, trace elements, speeds up the metabolism, removes
Excess fluid from the body;
• due to the presence of citrus specific pumpkin taste in
jam is not felt at all;
• adding different ingredients, experimenting with spices,
You can get a new dessert every time.
So, the pumpkin must be cleared of peel, seed and fibrous
parts of the pulp. Next, the pulp is cut into small cubes or
cubes, slices or slices, or grated or
scroll in a meat grinder – depending on the recipe and the desired
consistency of jam.
Oranges and lemons are washed and also ground. This component
can be used with or without zest. If the peel is decided
do not clean, then oranges are recommended to boil several times,
so that they do not get bitter in the finished product.
You can also add spices or nuts to the jam, very well.
combined pumpkin with oranges with almonds, cashews, cloves,
Prepare jam mainly in aluminum or stainless
pots, but in enamelled cooking delicacy is not
Stored ready-made sweetness, rolled tightly or sealed with a lid, in
cool dark place.
1. Pumpkin jam with orange and lemon
• kilogram of pumpkin pulp;
• a kilogram of oranges;
• kilogram of sugar;
• 200 grams of lemon.
1. Pumpkin thoroughly washed. Cut off the peel, release the flesh
from seeds. Cut into thin slices of small size.
2. We wash oranges and lemons just as well. Not cleaning
citrus, cut the fruit into four parts.
3. Now we cut each quarter across thin layers,
попутно извлекая при необходимости bones.
4. Mix the prepared pumpkin pulp with oranges and
lemon, fall asleep sugar. Leave the mass for a couple of hours.
5. We shift the pumpkin with citrus and syrup in the
pan of suitable size. Кипятим, помешивая, 20 minutes
6. Fully cool the jam, then we again simmer for
10-15 minutes until thick.
7. We shift the hot jam into sterilized jars,
2. Pumpkin jam with orange and dried apricots
• one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
• 600 grams of dried apricots;
• 1,2 granulated sugar;
• 5 g vanilla;
• 200-300 grams of orange.
1. Grate the cleaned and thoroughly washed pumpkin on a large one.
2. My orange, peeled together with a white layer.
Cut the flesh, remove the bones.
3. Carefully washed dried apricots fill for 15-20 minutes with boiling water,
rinse, dry and cut into strips.
4. Put all prepared ingredients in the pan for
cooking jam, sprinkle with sugar. Stir.
5. Cook the treat on a slow fire, stirring constantly and
снимая при необходимости пенку, в течение 15 minutes Cooling down. Again
we heat down and cool. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times.
6. For the fifth time pour vanilla into jam, bring it to
7. Pour the hot jam into a sterilized container
tightly close the lids.
3. Pumpkin jam with orange in a slow cooker
• 1 kg of pumpkin;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 0.5 kg of orange;
• 5 g of citric acid.
1. Хорошенько моем тыкву и oranges.
2. Remove the peel from the pumpkin, remove the seeds and fibers. Pulp
cut into cubes.
3. Cut the oranges in random order, delete
4. Scroll both ingredients in a meat grinder or grind into
5. Thoroughly mix both masses with sugar. Give
stand for a couple of hours at room temperature.
6. After the allotted time, we shift the fragrant mass to
7. Cook for 2 hours, setting the mode “Quenching”. During cooking
open the slow cooker several times and mix the jam.
8. If we see that juice is not enough, then no later than 30
minutes to readiness pour in about a third or a half cup
9. For 10-15 minutes, pour citric acid.
10. We roll ready jam in a sterile container with hermetically
4. Pumpkin jam with orange zest and sea buckthorn
• one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
• kilogram of sea buckthorn;
• pound of sugar;
• 100 grams of orange zest.
1. First of all, thoroughly sort the sea buckthorn, selecting not
2. Rinse the berries, throwing it in a colander, and after they
a little dry, crush them in any convenient way and squeeze
3. My pumpkin, peel, cut the flesh into small cubes.
4. Pour into the pan, where we will cook sea buckthorn jam
the juice. Pour sugar. While stirring, completely dissolve the sugar in
5. Add the prepared pumpkin and finely grated orange
6. Regularly stirring, we simmer on low heat until the pumpkin
will not become transparent. It takes about 30-35 minutes.
7. If desired, you can add five minutes before the readiness.
a pinch of nutmeg, which will give the treat a special aroma.
8. Put the prepared jam in prepared jars,
5. Pumpkin jam with orange and almond
• 1.2 cleaned pumpkin;
• 300 grams of orange;
• 900 grams of sugar;
• 200 grams of almond kernels;
• 5-6 buds of carnation.
1. Fill the almonds with boiling water for 15-20 minutes, after which the liquid
we merge, and we remove husks from the nuts themselves.
2. Cut the pumpkin in advance cleaned into bars of approximately the size
three by one centimeter.
3. Put the pumpkin pieces in the pan, sprinkle with sugar,
mix it up.
4. On top of the pumpkin lay carefully washed and chopped.
thin circles or semicircles, if the fruit is large,
5. We insist in this way a mass of about 3 hours.
6. Boil the jam on a quiet fire for 15 minutes, cool,
boil again, cool again.
7. With the third approach to boiling add almonds and
8. Put the thickened cooked jam in cans,
at the same time taking out a clove so that the spice does not interrupt during storage
orange and pumpkin flavor.
9. We roll containers with lids, and after it cools, we remove
6. Pumpkin jam with orange, lemon and spices
• 1.3 pumpkin pulp;
• a pound of oranges;
• a pound of lemon;
• kilogram of granulated sugar;
• 3-4 cm ginger root;
• 2-3 grams of cardamom.
1. Cut the pumpkin pulp into cubes about 2 cm in size.
Pour into a saucepan.
2. We also rub the ginger root on a fine grater, put the zest
one lemon and 300 grams of sugar.
3. Leave the mass, mixing it, for 2-3 hours at room temperature
4. Of the remaining lemons, squeeze the juice into a small container, and
washed oranges cut into small slices, removing when cutting
5. Mix all the ingredients in one large saucepan, fill it
sugar, bring to a boil.
6. Tomim on the quietest fire until thick, about 20-30
7. 5 minutes before the end of the preparation we pour cardamom,
mix it up.
8. Put the prepared jam in the prepared clean
Pumpkin jam with orange – tips and tricks
• To make really tasty jam you need
Responsibly approach the choice of the main ingredient: pumpkin. Fetus
must be small, not overripe, without dents and overt
signs of rot.
• Oranges should be sweet. Strongly sour or
bitter fruits spoil the taste of the finished delicacy. Of course,
choosing oranges in the store is impossible to understand, they are tasty or
No, therefore it is best to try each fruit when cutting.
• When adding lemon and oranges to jam, make sure that
the fruits were not overripe, otherwise the type of jam would not be very
• Do not forget to remove bones from oranges and lemons, otherwise
ready jam will turn out bitter.
• If you like thick jam, do not cut the pumpkin,
• If you use peeled oranges for cooking jam
put when cooking in a mass of at least a tablespoon of grated zest, it
will add especially bright aroma to jam.
• Due to the short cooking of jam in several passes
You contribute to the preservation of most vitamins.
• Thanks to orange, pumpkin jam gets
inexpressible aroma and unobtrusive sourness, but also for
add new flavors you can add other citrus fruits,
apples, dried fruits.
• To add some special flavor to the treat, add at the end
cooking in a minimal amount of spices: vanilla, cloves, cinnamon,