Rice is a cereal that forms the basis of the diet of the inhabitants of the Middle and East Asia. He is popular in our area. Figure often performs garnish to the main dish, which in itself is surprising: where else it has been seen that the beneficial properties of the garnish are several times superior to the benefits main components of the dish? In the world annually meets half a billion tons of this cereal. We suggest you know how much calories in rice and popular rice dishes, see the list the merits of this product.
Caloric content of rice per 100 grams
Over 20 varieties and types of rice are known. In Asia, they all use in great demand, and for each dish uses a specific variety. Only rare species are popular in our country. let’s consider caloric content of the most frequently consumed varieties of the product.
In wild rice
Wild rice is black. It is extremely useful for organism. The product is a source of 18 indispensable for human body amino acids.
Wild rice is eaten boiled. Product must introduce people who are overweight into the diet metabolic disorders, cardiovascular problems by the system. It does not contain fat and with regular consumption reduces the content of harmful cholesterol in the blood. For hypertensive patients and people which is not desirable to consume salt, black rice is an indispensable product.
• Calorie black (wild) rice in boiled form – 101 kilocalories per 100 grams.
Stewed or Steamed
What is steamed rice? This is a special product. steam treatment before grinding. Steaming process helps move virtually all the vitamins and valuable items with bran shell directly into the grain! Steamed side dish goes 2 times more than other varieties.
• The energy value of 100 g of dry product – 341 kcal. • Calorie cooked rice (steamed) – 98 kcal per 100 gram.
In boiled water
Different varieties differ in color and shape of the grains, but the greatest White cereal is popular all over the world. His purity, whiteness and smoothness of the product must processing and fine grinding. The shape of white rice is divided into 3 categories: long grain, medium grain, round grain.
- Before cooking, thoroughly rinse polished rice.
- Use thick-walled dishes, it will save you from need to stir the product every minute.
- To make the finished rice crumbly, pour it with water in proportions 1 to 2.
- Do not turn on the fire to the maximum: rice should boil on average fire and stew at the slowest.
- On average, after boiling, white rice is cooked approximately 20-25 minutes
- Do not digest cereals: when the grains easily get enough, but remain a little solid in the middle, you can turn off the fire. After that, ready-made rice should be infused for a few minutes under closed lid.
• Caloric content of boiled rice on water – 116 kilocalories per 100 grams.
In China, rice is regularly consumed boiled and fried. There are 2 fundamentally different ways of cooking fried rice, used in national cuisines of different countries: roasting pre-cooked cereals, roasting dry grain with subsequent addition of fluid.
In the first case, white or red rice is boiled over all. to the rules. And it can be cooked without additives, and with salt and spices. Next, the product is cooled and laid out in a pan or saucepan and fried in butter.
In the second case, the oil is heated in a frying pan; dry, previously washed grains are poured out. They roast before acquiring a golden hue. Next to the pot are added spices and water is poured. Other ingredients may be added. in roasting rice and cook with it or roast separately and mix before serving.
• Калорийность жареного риса – 193 ккал на 100 grams.
In the brown
Rice grain consists of a hard outer shell yellow, brown bran shell and actually white grains. To get brown (brown) rice, you need to remove only outer layer. And the remaining bran husk will give it a brown color. and unusual nutty taste.
In the process of cooking, follow the simple rules:
- The croup is soaked in cold water for 6-8 hours;
- It is laid and boiled in cold water;
- Brown rice cooked for 10 minutes, removed from the heat, washed in cold water;
- Then again it is poured into cold water and another quarter is brewed. hours;
- The pan is removed from the heat and wrapped in a towel to grain “reached” to readiness;
• Caloric content of dry brown rice – 337 kcal, finished product – 110 kcal.
How many calories in rice dishes per 100 grams
Rice is widely used in cooking. Various rice products have different calorie. Let’s find out how many calories contained in the most popular dishes based on the product, and how they are Cook:
- Rice with vegetables. While rice is boiled until cooked, onion is fried in a pan, diced vegetables are added to it (canned corn, young frozen peas, bell peppers, carrots). All content обжаривается 10 minutes Ready vegetables are mixed with boiled rice, seasoned with soy sauce, seasoned with pepper, прожариваются на маленьком огне 5 minutes Calorie rice with vegetables (per 100 grams) – 189 kcal.
- Meatballs with rice (hedgehogs). Pigtail mixed with beaten egg and fried onions. The rice is washed, mixed with other ingredients. The mixture is salted, peppered, mix thoroughly. Small balls are formed. Meatballs stew in a pan with vegetable oil until cooked Калорийность блюда – 218 ккал на 100 gram.
- Голубцы с мясом и рисом. Cabbage leaves boiled in salted water. In another container, minced meat boiled rice, fried onions, garlic, tomatoes (or tomato sauce), chopped greens, salt and pepper are added. On each cabbage leaf is laid out mix, it rolls up an envelope. Cabbage rolls are fried in a skillet or deep sauté pan with sunflower oil. Stew 40 minutes in water with sour cream and tomato sauce. Calorie stuffed cabbage with meat and rice – 96 kcal per 100 g.
- Rice with chicken. Ingredients dishes – rice, chicken, onions and carrots are used in equal proportions (150 grams). Chicken fillet is washed, cut into small cubes. Onions are fried in a cauldron, added alternately (and fried) grated carrots, chicken. Water is poured into the tank and everything is stewed to ее выпаривания 20 minutes Before serving rice with chicken sprinkle finely chopped greens. Calorie dishes – 124 kcal, therefore it can be consumed in moderation even during diets.
- Peppers stuffed with rice and minced meat. Peppers washed, cleaned of the stem. The meat scrolls into the stuffing. It is mixed with washed rice and grated on a medium grater. carrot, salt, pepper. In a bowl with a thick bottom peppers stacked, poured with tomato, stewed until tender. Calorie dishes – 95 kcal.
- Patties with rice and meat. Rice with meat – A great option for filling pies. They are baked or fried in a pan on sunflower oil. The proportion of the filling is as follows: on 1 cup of rice (cooked) is 300 grams of meat. Calorie fried patties – 219 kcal per 100 grams, baked – 186 kcal.
Composition and nutritional value < / h2>
В составе риса представлены 8 важнейших для human body amino acids. 100 grams of dry grain contains 7.5 grams of protein, 2.6 grams of fat and 62.3 grams of carbohydrates. Rice – perhaps the only cereal, which is composed of no gluten – a protein that causes allergies in some people. The product contains fiber: up to 4.5% in brown varieties, up to 3% in white.
Rice – a rich source of vitamins B, E, H, PP, choline and valuable dietary fiber. In rice there are all (!) Elements necessary for a person. 100 grams of rice contains a huge amount of silicon (41 times more than the daily needs of the body), vanadium (10 times more), manganese (1.8 times). Among other minerals, select cobalt (70% of the daily requirement), copper (56%), phosphorus (41%), molybdenum (38%), selenium (36%), zinc (15%), iron (12%), boron (11%), calcium (5%).
Useful properties of rice < / h2>
Rice is useful for the respiratory system, it removes phlegm from the lungs and bronchi. Rice decoction is used to treat bronchitis, asthma. Lecithin contained in the product is needed to improve memory and brain function. Rice has excellent absorbent properties.
The cleaning properties of rice are used in the treatment of intestinal and genitourinary diseases. Cereal strengthens the walls of the digestive tract, has a diuretic effect, improves the condition of the kidneys, bladder. It can be consumed in intestinal ulcers: enemas from rice decoction accelerate their healing. < P>
Rice is a natural antiseptic, diaphoretic and antipyretic agent. Eating this grass is useful for flu, colds, sore throat. Regular consumption of rice stabilizes the central nervous system, energizes and helps to recover faster after physical exertion. Eating grass in the summer, you will reduce the feeling of thirst.
Полезен он и для женского organism. Rice ensures the normal development of the fetus during pregnancy. And when consumed during lactation, it improves the quality of milk and strengthens the body of the child. The product improves the complexion, fights against skin rashes, makes the skin supple and soft.